Centrecorp Management Services Limited has an excellent career opportunity in the Markham head office for a
Legal Assistant / Jr. Leasing Law Clerk
- Drafting Letters of Intent, Leases, Renewal Agreements and various other ancillary legal documents (including rent deferrals, short term agreements, relocation agreements, expansion/downsizing agreements, etc.) in addition to all internal lease summaries in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist with the internal review process to ensure accuracy and compliance of all documents during the drafting and negotiation process and prior to Landlord execution
- Tracking construction timelines, critical dates and conditions
- Carriage of all administrative aspects of a Canadian leasing portfolio
- Collaborate with leasing representatives to negotiate documentation with tenants and/or their legal counsel
- Liaising with internal construction, property management, and leasing departments, in addition to partners & third party landlords
- Maintaining and updating internal tracking reports and lease summary reports on a daily basis
- Maintaining and updating department reference material and various reports on an ongoing basis
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Detail oriented in administrative duties, and consistent with this capability
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi task in a fast paced high volume environment
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment to accomplish departmental goals
- Strong Microsoft Word & Excel skills
- The successful candidate ideally possesses a minimum of 1-3 years of directly related experience and has graduated from a 2- or 3-year legal assistant/administrative (or equivalent) education program. NOTE that work experience is not required if you have completed the educational requirement.
The Company is committed to an inclusive recruitment and selection process and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. The Company supports requests for accommodation from candidates with disabilities. Requests for accommodation may be forwarded directly to the Hiring Manager or to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest but regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.