Centrecorp is a fully integrated and diversified property management and real estate service company specializing in the shopping centre segment of the real estate industry in Canada and the U.S.
Centrecorp was established to provide the marketplace with a property management company that has an entrepreneurial and ownership philosophy. Centrecorp has grown to become one of the premier retail service providers in North America, with a staff of over 200 real estate professionals, managing and administering over 156 properties, comprising in excess of 25 million square feet of retail, commercial and other space either existing or under various stages of development or predevelopment.
Centrecorp is actively involved in all aspects of management, development, remerchandising and leasing of shopping centres and other retail properties. Since 1977, Centrecorp has grown to become Canada’s premiere property management and leasing company specializing in neighbourhood and community shopping centres and other retail properties.
Reports to the Property Manager
Currently seeking a full-time Property Administrator for the Commercial Retail Portfolio. The Property Administrator is responsible for assisting and supporting in the day-to-day operations of the properties, including collection of rent, account payables, account receivables, tenant services and relations, property operations, and property administration and projects.
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide administrative support and coordination to management;
- Assist in handling building inquiries and emergency situations;
- Accounts Receivable – collecting arrears, ensured timely rental payments including reconciliation of accounts as needed. Prepare Statements of Accounts, late payment notices, and default letters. Prepare monthly accounts receivable report;
- Post payments and deposit cash receipts on a daily basis;
- Arrange for pick-up and deliveries of various materials to and from properties under management;
- Assist in preparation of year-end reconciliations and annual rental notices;
- Review and print related monthly reports and ensure accuracy of Rent Roll/Rent Up;
- Accounts Payable – review, code and post all invoices;
- Handle general day-to-day inquiries and concerns from tenants and keep all tenancy information up-to-date;
- Review data information for new tenants, renewals etc., and issue welcome packages to new tenants;
- Accounting system entries (tenant charge backs, tenant adjustments etc.);
- Maintain filing systems for contracts, insurance certificates, tenant information, etc.;
- Maintain the master tenant listing, emergency contact forms, and tenant notices and updates;
- Other projects or responsibilities as assigned by the Property Manager.
- Prefer post-secondary education in Accounting or Property & Building Administration;
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with owners, tenants and team members;
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships;
- Professional phone manner;
- Mature and self-motivated team player;
- Committed to personal growth and integrity aligned with the company’s corporate objectives;
- Ability to exercise confidentiality;
- Strong time management skills including the ability to work under pressure and achieve quality results;
- Results-oriented, detail-oriented and accurate;
- Proven innovation with a willingness to manage and adapt to change;
- Solid Computer Skills including intermediate to advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, Microsoft Office and Outlook; JD Edwards is an asset;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle;
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com or complete the form below.
We appreciate your interest in this role, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The Company supports requests for accommodation from candidates with disabilities. Requests for accommodation may be forwarded directly to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.